Thursday, January 28, 2010

I took my own advice and went for a massage today. Oh yeah...it was so good and much needed. Had a little cancer free day today and it was quite enjoyable. Massage, lunch and a movie all in the company of my sister. I know for a fact that I will sleep like a baby tonight. I am pretty tired. I am having a tough time with aromas though. I actually had to hide in my room while dinner was cooking. The smell alone turns me off and destroys my appetite. It is awful. At first it was just the smell of baking sweats and now it is everything cooking. I tried stuffing my nose with tissue but now I just drink chamomile tea in hopes it will help.......I think it does. Any other ideas out there? I am finding it is easier to eat the meals that are brought for us or out at a restaurant. That could get awful expensive though...don't you think? By the way, thanks for all the supportive comments. I look forward to them everyday! Oh! And they all had icecream again tonight.......I got celery stuffed with cream cheese dip. hmmmmm.

5 comments:

  1. I have a few ideas and I think you're gunna love them!!! How about you get a SCBA? Self Contained Breathing Apparatus? Very stylish:) But with your weak abs I doubt you will be able to carry the heavy tank around. So, how about an air purifying respirator with charcoal cartridges? They are available in full or partial face styles. I can see if I can borrow one from work for you. Or maybe I can get you a air supplied face mask and John can dial down the pressure on the air compressor and get you a long air line so you can actually cook dinner with out smelling it Last but not least…. maybe you can get a oxygen cylinder and an nasal canula from the hospital like grandma had and blast it up your nose. I hope this helps and please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
    When it warms up you can go outside while your peps are preparing your dinner and have a ice cold beverage....heehee… you can't do that huh?
    LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynthia.. thinking of you so much these days. I would love to go for a walk or anything you would like in the near future. Let me know what you are up for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa! How could you! What she really needs is a clothespin! OR! She could smack her noggin and permanantly lose her sense of smell. Cyn if you needs tips on how to smack yer noggin, I know just how to do it right!!

    Love you both...

    ReplyDelete
  4. IF you can stand the smell of Vicks right now, put a swipe of it under your nose to kill the odor of the cooking.

    More prayers and positive thoughts from an acquaintance of your FiL.

    Noah Zark

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the Vicks is not your thing, then go shop for a favorite essential oil aroma at Vitamin Cottage and do the swipe under nose suggestion from Noah. maybe Arabian Sandalwood or Rose, or Lilacs??? They have many to choose from. See you on the 3rd with your Greek Chicken.

    ReplyDelete